Race start time is 9:00am sharp! Runners will have a 24 hour cutoff.
Race check-in is the day before from 3-5pm or race morning. Please plan accordingly and leave yourself extra time.
ALL vehicles are required to have a vehicle admission sticker or year pass. You can buy these in advance and day passes will be available via registration slips (or at the entry booth IF staffed) when entering into the park. *Frigid Fox will NOT have passes to purchase.
Race day sunrise: 7:24am
Race day sunset: 4:36pm
Drop bag location: Mauthe Lake (start/finish)
Packet Pickup and Race Location: N 1490 Country Road GGG Campbell Sport, WI
Start Time and Cutoffs
This is Wisconsin in January and we’ve tried to allow time in this unforgiving environment. But be warned. Finisher rate will be seriously low due to the weather. Plan. Plan. Plan.
The race will begin at 9am Saturday.
There is an overall race cutoff of 24 hours. There are two hard cutoffs for runners to hit. The Highway P cutoff will be 8pm. The 45 mile Mauthe Lake cutoff will be 4am.
Suggested Gear (no required gear list)
- Insulated water container(s)
- Food – while some food is provided this is exactly your typical summer ultra. Aid station support is more limited and time is extended with extreme conditions between aid stations.
- EXTREME condition gloves, head gear, thin gloves, scarf
- Sweater, undershirt, pants, change of shoes, etc.
- Microspikes / traction devices as needed
- Windbreaker outer shell
- Headlamp for night running
- EXTRA clothing to change into if running overnight